Friday, November 21, 2008

why i am here

over the past few weeks, i have been forced to concede that i can no longer continue to avoid technology. at first, my reluctance was a byproduct of fear; fear of making a fool of myself, but mostly a fear of trying new things. since i can honestly say that fear has not been a factor for some time now, my most recent excuse has been a feeling of pride. I didn't want to try so hard to fit in, that i wouldn't (if that makes sense??).

but anyways. . . . . recent events have prompted me to start considering things i wouldn't normally have before. I have recently started trying to date again! Unsuccesfully to this point, but i really haven't lost the nerve or enthusiasm like before, the previous times I'd met with rejection.

I have also been getting not so subtle hints from my family that I needed to start reaching out to people, stop being such a loner. (i hate to admit, but I recently forgot my niece's birthday)

I am not going to vow to post blogs every day, but i will try to do so on a consistent basis. I am open to all comments and criticism. In fact, i welcome them. All i ask is be honest (don't just post something mean for the sake of being mean)

1 comment:

Oscar Perez said...

Beautifully written. Heartbreakingly honest. (God- when did I start talking like the snippets of reviews they play for movie commercials?)